I hope everyone is safe and well. Again, the sunny weather is back which means I've spent more time sitting in front of open windows.
The next two weeks are our Easter Half Term Break. Which means that we won't be putting up new learning on the website, as you wouldn't normally be at school. New Learning will be put up for Monday 20th April.
I will leave everything so far on the website, as I know some of you said you hadn't finished yet. Remember, there is a 'General Learning' Section at the bottom of the page if you want something to do. Also, links to website for things to do as well.
I am still available through Dojo and the email address (see the bottom of the page) if you want to ask any questions, say hello, or send any pictures of work. Remember, sending evidence of your learning gains you Dojos! Mrs Newell is updating the website weekly with the house with the most Dojo winners.
Finally, I don't have any Easter Eggs in my house, but I do have chocolate biscuits. So, I hope you have a lovely 2 weeks.
Schedule of learning for the week
As the next 2 weeks were going to be the Easter Half Term Break, we will not be updating the website with new work for those 2 weeks.
New Learning will be put up for Monday 20th April.
Exercise - PE With Joe through the Youtube Link. He goes live at 9am, but you can watch and do this at anypoint of the day. Everyone in the family can join in, from the youngest to the oldest :)
Reading - David Walliams in reading to us everyday with a short story. They are fantastic! You can listen to them online through the link below.
- GPS-Year-6-Autumn-Block-3-Step-1-AR-Identifying-Nouns-and-Verbs-in-Sentences (1).pdf
- GPS-Year-6-Spring-Block-3-Step-1-HW-EXT-Recognising-Formal-and-Informal-Writing (1).pdf
- Miss Burrows Maths Group - Add_and_Subtract_Fractions_by_finding_equivalence.docx
- Mr Redmile's Maths Group - Year-6-Autumn-Block-2-Step-1-VF-Add-and-Subtract-Integers.pdf
- Mrs Eyres/Dr Homden's Maths Group - Year-6-Spring-Block-2-Step-1-HW-EXT-Fractions-to-Percentages.pdf
- Mark-Scheme-Throwing-a-Tree (1).pdf
- Answer-Booklet-Throwing-a-Tree (1).pdf
- Reading-Booklet-Throwing-a-Tree (1).pdf
Monday 30th March
Science - Plastics activities from STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) Learning. There is also a Starters for STEM page with links to other activities if you would prefer to do any of those instead. Please email any work you complete, or photos of you in action!
PSHE – Watch the Live Picture News Assembly - It will be on the school website - look for the 'Virtual Assembly' Tab.
Using ideas from the Live Picture News broadcast as well as your own, create a poster to display in your window about how to remain positive in these difficult times. It will need to be eye catching; give people positive advice and leave the reading feeling happy.
- Science-Plastics challenge poster.pdf
- Science-Plastics challenge adults' notes.pdf
- Science-Plastics Challenge presentation.pptx
- Science-Other Activities-STEM.pdf
- plastics challenge pupil worksheets.pdf
- Guided Reading - The Railway Children.pdf
- Tiago-Phonics PracticeforGuidedReading-usernamemarch20-passwordhome
- Maths VIDEO - tenths and hundredths
- Support - Decimals.pdf
Imagine that you were the prime minister. Can you write a speech to the nation to tell them that the country is going into lockdown?
Audience – the general public Purpose – to inform them of lockdown and explain why it is necessary. You are the prime minister so your best formal language please.
- Guided Reading - The Railway Children Set A.pdf
- Tiago-GuidedReading-How the Kangaroos Got Their Tails Activity Card.pdf
- Boris Johnson speech.docx
- English - Prime Minsters Speech
- Maths VIDEO - tenths as decimals
- Guided Reading - The Railway Children Set B.pdf
- Tiago-GuidedReading-Paul the Lucky Octopus Activity Card.pdf
- Maths VIDEO - tenths on a place value grid
Accelerated Reader - You can even do your AR tests at home (find the link to Orchards section of the AR website below.) AR has over 35,000 book quizzes. So, why not try to see if you can take a quiz on one of the books you have at home?